Sunday, 16 February 2014

DIY Mothers Day Gifts Painted Tin Cans and Clothes Pegs.



A while ago I helped my son create these upcycled gifts for he's teacher on his last day of term.  As usual we are always a little strapped for cash, so we couldn't afford to buy anything, thus resulting in these gorgeous gifts.  They are so easy to make, very cheap and very versatile.

As you can see, he opted to paint the tin can plain with normal emulsion paint, it took a few coats to make the colour solid so there were no signs of the metal beneath.

As you can see for the painted pegs, these are just normal wooden clothes pegs, which you can buy from any pound shop or supermarket.  He painted them with normal emulsion paint, I like to buy the tester pots, try to go for the cheapest one as basically they are all pretty much the same type of medium, there is no real need to buy Farrow and Ball on such a small project, but of course if you want to, please feel free. xx

I added a little gift tag to the pegs, explaining to the recipient what they can be used for, (just a little helper, lol) but I think this is a great little idea.

Needless to say his teacher was very pleasantly surprised, its a great little project that the kids can do and a very useful one indeed.  Being a crafter I am always needing things like the tins to put my paint brushes, scissors and pens in so I can find them easily.

I hope you like them, if you have any other ideas or comments for the cans and pegs, I would love to hear them.

Thank you very much for reading xxx


1 comment:

  1. If you look around on the internet you can see lots of other mediums used for decorating tin cans and you can draw some inspiration from them xx

    ReplyDelete